martes, 15 de noviembre de 2016

Entrevista: Void

Iniciamos esta semana con la primera entrevista publicada en Rock off Blog, ella es una chica a la cual admiro mucho ya que con cada uno de sus post alimenta artisticamente una vision poderosa e interesante que nunca pasa desapercibida, los invito a conocer a Void...

1.- Hello Void, I hope you doing well! first of all how old are you, and where are you from?

Hello! Thank you, I am well. Hope you are well, too. In this form I am 18 and from Arizona.


2.- Clearly you´ve brought the modern Goth look to a more artistic level, tell me how this need was born on you and at what age?

I've been drawn to the strange and unusual for pretty much my whole life. I started trying to be "goth" as a child, and kept experimenting and adapting my look along the way, until the last few years where I've become more focused on putting my intentions into it, making it my art. 

3.- Who take your pictures?

I do!

4.- Which are your main sources of inspiration?

Music and musicians were my main source of inspiration for the majority of my life, but now I'd like to say I'm very inspired by ideas. I'm inspired by the state of the world, and trying to work on ways to do my part to play a role in changing it. I'm inspired by everything I think about and everything I learn, because makeup has become my main source of catharsis.

5.- To me bands like Joy Division, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Nine Inch Nails or even Crystal Castles and Chelsea Wolf more recently have that strong connection between the proper sensibility of dark music and the influence in image that makes you search your own identity, do you think that this affects you too?

It affects me in a sense that I've always been drawn towards dark music and it's made me very introspective, and it inspires me to create things that do the same for other people. I may have misunderstood your question, if so then this may be a weird answer haha.

6.- How did you get into music and which are the bands or musicians you like the most?

My family has always been very musical, as well as most of my friends throughout life, so music has always been a huge part of me. My favorite bands change frequently, but lately I really love Tool, Nine Inch Nails, Highly Suspect, Linkin Park, Korn, things in that realm.


7.- I´m very attracted to images that I find in album covers or movie posters, would do you name a few of those that have got your attention?

I really enjoy album covers from the bands Tool and A Perfect Circle, and the cover for the movie Silence of the Lambs. I've always felt much more connection with music videos and the performance than album covers though.

8.- Since months ago I consider myself fan of your art, there is always a strong message even in the most simple of your pictures, what do you want to reflect in general with your posts?

I want to try to help people open their minds, even just a little bit. I want to make them think about themselves, the world, and those around them. I want to make them uncomfortable. I want to demonstrate there are not rules to makeup in the way people think there are, and the same applies to reality. I want people to question their reactions to things and make them process it. You learn a lot about a person by their reactions, which is why I like to leave a lot of what I do open to interpretation. It's to take an opportunity to figure out how you feel about it, without me telling you how to feel.

9.- In one of your pictures (one of my favourites) you use pasta simulating that it was your hair and it looks amazing! (and intriguing at the same time), tell me about that image in particular...

That one was mainly a strange two-sided commentary on how artists see themselves and how others see artists. Sometimes we take ourselves too seriously, and others don't take us serious enough, or vice versa. I think people are often too quick to joke about things and I wanted to make fun of that. It's kind of intentionally hypocritical.


10.- To me is simply fascinating how the goth movement is directly asociated with a certain state of mind, these bands, these movies, these songs makes me want, in many cases, to stay at home enjoying loneliness or Lindsay company (my cat), watching pictures or ripping jeans, in general just enjoying small things, in your case what do you enjoy the most in a cloudy day at home?

Very generally I enjoy any form of art, learning anything at all that I happen to be interested in, reading, organizing things, submerging myself in music and my thoughts, and of course I also enjoy the company of my cat, named Déjà Vu!

11.- In a scene from "10,000 Days" a movie of Nick Cave some psychologist ask a interesting question to Mr. Cave (one of my musical heroes) and now i want to ask you the same What is your biggest fear?

Some things make me nervous or scared, but that is a reaction I work to overcome since it is not productive. I don't truly have any fears.

12.- And now this is not a question but i want to ask you to name 10 of your favourites songs to make a playlist in my youtube channel for the delight of my readers, would you do that..?

My favorites change frequently, but lately I've listened to these a lot:
1. My Name is Human by Highly Suspect
2. Killing Grounds by Front Line Assembly
3. Dead and Bloated by Stone Temple Pilots
4. Lateralus by Tool
5. Meet Your Master by Nine Inch Nails
6. Black Honey by Thrice
7. Left Hand Free by Alt-J
8. Angry Chair by Alice in Chains
9. Dear Brother by Puscifer
10. Judith by A Perfect Circle

- Void

@vforvoid
@experiiimental

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario